Our mission statement:
Our goal at LaVerne Community Church is to
We believe that true happiness comes from
Doctrinal Belief Statements of LaVerne Community Church
A Church of the Nazarene
1. We believe that God is eternally and simultaneously both one and three: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Bible, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the divinely inspired and preserved Word of God.
3. We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of Godís perfection, making union with God by human effort impossible.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ was, in the flesh, both God and manÖ that He died on the cross for our sinsÖ and that God raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in heaven and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church.
5. We believe that forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life are available to all people who choose to repent of their sin and accept the free gift of Godís grace through Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that when we make a commitment to live fully devoted lives for God that the gift of His Holy Spirit comes and lives in us to guide and counsel us in Godís will and way.
7. We believe that the church is the community of believers in God and the body of Christ on earth, and exists to reach those who are not yet living in a right relationship with God and to disciple believers in understanding the Word of God, the Bible, through preaching, teaching and life application.
8. We believe that those trusting in Christ as Lord and Savior should be baptized as Christ was baptized, to testify to their faith, hope and love for God.
9. We believe in partaking the Lordís Supper (communion) to remember the great price Jesus paid on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.
10. We believe in the hope and reality of Jesus Christís return and eternal life in heaven for all who believe and live life for Godís purposes while on earth.